Monday, December 22, 2008

Our snowy night adventure


It began with simply delivering a few Christmas treats. We decided to brave the snow packed streets to stop by a friends house that is just a few minutes away. We visited for a couple of minutes but couldn't get the car out of the driveway afterwards. We proceeded to scrape at the snow and ice and spin our tires for the next 30 minutes. After finally borrowing a neighbor's shovel we were able to leave. However, the shovel had broken in the process. I suggested that we tell the neighbors that we were going to buy a new one, but Brandon figured we would be back in a few minutes and it didn't matter. While we were at the parking lot of the 6th store trying to find a shovel we got a phone call from our friends asking if we had broken their neighbor's shovel because they had come over asking about it. oops. We eventually found one and were able to apologize, explain about the shovel famine, and then finally return home an hour and a half later.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ugh, it really was snowy.

Mbeth said...

thanks for getting us in trouble with our neighbors we don't know. All I know about them is that they'd stare at me while waddle to my car when I was pregnant. I was a little worried we'd find our tires slashed in the morning. ;) Thanks for dropping by and braving the snow. It was good to see you.