Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Merry Christmas to us


Brandon and I decided to finally frame a free Carl Bloch print we've had sitting around forever as our family Christmas present. Since it's a picture of Christ and it's the Christmas season, we hung it on the wall instead of wrapping it and putting it under the tree. I love having something that looks so nice on our wall. Our apartment decorations are very mediocre. And I was especially like that the print, frame and matte cost a total of $30. I love a good deal. Thank you Roberts Crafts 50%.
And if you live near Provo and haven't seen this painting at the BYU art museum, it is definitely worth checking out. It's one of the most amazing paintings I've ever seen in my life. They brought it here all the way from Denmark.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this picture. If you go to the Center for Entrepreneurship at the business school, you'll see a framed picture hanging on the wall. I had it framed when I worked there so long ago, and it's still hanging! Sounds stupid, but it made me nostalgic for the good old days. Also, while deciding on the right frame and matting, I got a better look at the picture than I do with most prints and I really came to appreciate it. Anyway, that's probably more than you needed to know. Ha ha.

stace said...

great painting... i really like that one too. and you did a nice job picking out the frame and matting too!