The Gift of the Magi is such a loving story. It has beautiful illustrations - Lisbeth Zwerger is probably the best illustrator in the world. Maybe someday I can go to Vienna to meet her. And maybe I'll learn German too so I could actually talk to her.I've stared at her short little book for hours. And the story always makes me a little teary eyed. It's very well written. (Although, I have to admit some of the vocabulary is a little over my head: mendicancy, meretricious, fob, parsimony. And it's in the children's book section? But even with my vocabulary limitations, it's still a profound story.)
So if you are trying to think of an inexpensive but meaningful present for someone, I recommend this amazing $5.99 book. And if you're trying to think of a present for me, I could always use another one. You know, just in case someone eats the one I have.
2 comments:
I love that story too! And that cover looks beautiful.
It's very likely that Calvin will try to eat that book at some point-so an extra one is not a bad idea
Post a Comment