Friday, February 22, 2008

Not a chef

I consider myself a decent cook. I make dinner all the time and make several things without even looking at the recipe. (Although, that may be a bad sign that we have been eating too much of the same stuff and I need to find some new recipes.)
I was thinking of making cookies today and was cruising through my favorite recipe site: allrecipes.com. I love that you can put in what ingredients you do or don't want to use and they'll tell you ingredients that match what you want. I wanted a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, the first one I came across called for mace. Maybe you're more of a chef than I am, but as far as I know mace is something you spray in someone's face and is really painful. (as demonstrated by Dwight) I decided that wasn't the recipe for me. Whether that is the same ingredient that comes in a can or not, there are sure a lot of odd things you can find in recipes.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Mace cookies are so good they make you cry :)

Charlotta-love said...

I've heard of happy brownies but mace cookies?

Mbeth said...

hey if that turns out well, you can try my cake recipe that calls for bug repellent... mace? surely it is some sort of spice. right?

Just Katy said...

Mace the spice is from the same plant as nutmeg. It's good. But you should try using the spray, maybe for a ward potluck?