Monday, February 11, 2008

Maybe I'm glad my bank is stupid

Today I was so glad because I finished an intense illustration project and I was driving up to Salt Lake to drop off the files and pick up a check. I watched him write out the check and when he handed it to me I glanced at the amount then threw it in my purse. When I arrived back in Provo I went to the bank to deposit the check. As I pulled it out to sign it I realized they made the check out to one of their other illustrators, also named Rebecca. I was frustrated, not wanting to wait for a new check, or drive to Salt Lake again, or find Rebecca to see if she would deposit it and then give me the money. I just signed it like normal and hoped for the best. I waited for moment and then received a receipt of the deposit. Apparently my bank is as dense as I am and didn't even notice who the check was to. So my bank is stupid (at least that teller anyway) but for today, I'm glad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, I will be making out a check in your name for "cash."

Wait, which one is your bank?