Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday Night Movie Pick

Last night Brandon and I watched Miss Potter. Even though she did some odd things, like talk to her paintings that would come to life. It was definitely a kids movie, but not as bad as Bridge to Terabithia. Although Bridge to Terabethia had that music video on the dvd that was really fun to listen to Brandon sing along with.
I enjoyed watching a movie about an illustrator. It was inspiring how she became so successful and her books are still in print today. Since she never had any kids I wonder who receives all those royalties now? Brandon thought it was way too dull though and said, "this movie should be rated R- for boredom. Kids should not have to watch something like this."

2 comments:

Just Katy said...

I don't think it was a kid movie. I think it's a grandma movie. It seemed very geared to the older sentimental type. Blah. I think that's why they made her so FLUFFY and CRAZY instead of the hard working scientific illustrator she was.

Just Katy said...

And I agree with Brandon about the rating.