Thursday, February 22, 2007

Turnip Day


Tonight we're eating a tax deduction. I bought a turnip because I need to paint The Giant Turnip. It's great how you can buy anything and paint a picture of it so it's a tax right off. I should paint my dinner everyday.
I used to love eating turnip in Canada. I read on a random site though, that what people eat in Canada and call turnip we call rutabaga in the states. And the turnip I ate in Canada wasn't purple like that stuff I just bought at the store. So maybe I don't actually like turnip... I'm a little nervous. And I don't think Brandon is very excited about it because when I told him we were eating a tax deduction for dinner and he figured out it was turnip and not steak he said, "ew, gross."

5 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Maybe you should start painting "the great stake-out" but use veggies and steak as subjects...

kel said...

Hey! I saw that tax write-off in real life when I bumped into you at the grocery store yesterday!

B-rad said...

I think I'm going to paint some twinki's mmmmmmmmmmm.

K Cummings said...

I'm glad you found a nice, full-blooded American Turnip.

bec said...

yeah, but as it turns out, I don't really like them. Next time I'm just buying the rutabaga.