Thursday, February 22, 2007

Borders: for people without real jobs

I went to Borders to hang out and draw the other day because when I'm at my apartment all day long I just want to fall asleep or write blogs. There were a few other freelancers there and I realized that it is a great place to work. And some random old guy came in and just sat in a chair for awhile too. I don't think he was a freelancer, but I don't think he has a real job either. So anyone out there without a real job, you should really join in.

3 comments:

O Wise Feather said...

Before I started working at in Olympia and I just worked for the catering company and so I had a lot of down time and so I would go to Borders almost on a daily basis and I would pick up the same book that I was reading the night before and order a bagel and hot cocoa. The people there knew me by name and I felt like I was almost stealing becuase I would read these books without ever purchasing them. Borders rocks!

K Cummings said...

I've always been afraid of those resident types in Borders. It makes me feel like I've walked into someone's apartment to buy a book. AND one time I bought this book and about half way through there were all these CHEETO fingerprints. It was gross!

O Wise Feather said...

OUCH!!! Kate I'm not going to lie to you, you've got a good arguement there but I am still going to go to Borders and read the books for free...next time I'll wash the Cheetos off my hands first. :)