Calvin woke up this morning with spots. Gradually more & more have appeared and I was thinking it was some kind of allergic reaction, I mean, kids these days get vaccines for chicken pox, right? So they don't get it anymore? Then my friend reminded me that they get the vaccine at their one year appointment - which was last week. And it takes about a week for it to show up. They said it's common to have a "reaction" to the vaccine. The "reaction" is the chicken pox.It's suppose to be less contagious getting it from a vaccine and it's suppose to be more mild (let's hope!). It should be gone in a few days or so. However, the time he was most contagious was before today and guess who has never had the chicken pox - Brandon.
UPDATE: So the spots kept getting worse & worse and started looking more bizarre than chicken pox, so I took him to the doctor and it's not chicken pox, just some virus he most likely got from one of his vaccines. It doesn't change much besides the fact that he's not contagious now, and he is going to be looking a lot worse than chicken pox.
10 comments:
Oh no...you always hear about people not having the chicken pox and I never believe it. Good luck to Brandon, hopefully he does not get it. Poor Calvin, though. He looks so miserable. I'm not used to seeing him look unhappy.
I really hope Brandon doesn't get it. My grandpa had it when he was in the army (in his 20's) and it was AWFUL! He had bumps EVERYWHERE! (So I'm told...) Good luck! :)
I thought it was so funny when I looked at the pictures and he had such a sad face because he isn't sad at all actually. He's been playing around like normal. He must have been posing.
i hope it isn't chicken pox. that would not be fun at all. if it is, let's hope that brandon doesn't get it because i heard when you get chicken pox as an adult it is really really bad.
hang in there. Aaron got them 1 week before he turned 1. The best part is that he is so little and that it is summer so you can have the AC on with him in just a diaper. Popcicles work great.
Soo sad. Reuben got a virus a few weeks ago and broke out in a rash. I was pretty upset but my mom (a PNP) said that it's fairly common for small children/babies' skin to have reactions when they are fighting an infection. That made me feel a little better. Reuben was still as sick as before but he got over it ok.
How come all the fun stuff always seems to happen over at your house!
Do they itch or come with a fever? Red spots are bad but it is always worse when the kid is uncomfortable.
Poor little kiddo! Hope the rash goes away soon! I really wish the Chicken Pox vaccine was actually 100% effective! Instead of like 70%....meaning they still get it but just not as bad....what's the point...they can also just get it again and again instead of building up the antibodies for it after having it once. But schools now make it mandatory...blah blah blah....I'll stop complaining now :) Hope he's better soon!
Wow - that looks kinda like pityriasis rosea - is that what it was?
Post a Comment