I really enjoy listening to science friday podcasts from npr, but I don't do it often enough. While painting today I listened to this segment about robots and how they are trying to give them more personality so people can feel like they have some companionship them. Isn't that what people are for? Do we really need to have conversations about our day with our vacuum cleaners? I mean, I know some people get lonely, but is talking to our appliances the best answer for that?
4 comments:
Actually, it's much better to have a conversation with someone (or something) that doesn't talk back. Don't ya think?
I don't know...sometimes I wish my solitaire game would give me hints.
I have enough relationships in my life. I don't want to deal with any cheeky appliances. It even annoys me when my microwave flashes the message: Entoy your meal. (It can't really make the necessary J. The closest it can get is a T)
This reminds me of something that I saw on the Colbert Report:
An interview with some dork
Post a Comment