Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My basketball prime

I am pretty sure my basketball prime was when I was in 6th grade. I was really good in 6th grade and I think I've just gotten worse since then. Sad, I know. The other day I played some one on one with Brandon and I actually won! We played until 10, my shots counted as 5 points each, his counted for half a point, so I won 10 to 3 and a half. But let's be honest, he wasn't really trying. I'm planning on going to our Stake open gym night to play some more basketball, maybe what I learned in 6th grade will start to come back to me.

5 comments:

B-rad said...

I was the same way with basketball...and soccer...and drawing...and school, and relationships. Wow, maybe I should change my autobiography's title to "I peaked in the sixth grade." Although I'm still kinda fond of the title, "The Outtakes, based on a true story."

Charlotta-love said...

I wish my salary were like your point system: every dollar my male coworkers get, I make $5.

Oh wait, it already IS like that...just for the guys though.

Anonymous said...

Just poke B-don in the belly button whenever he is about to shoot. Its an old trick that dad taught us. ;)

O Wise Feather said...

I find it interesting that you are saying that your basketball skills are no more just because a guy who has been playing his whole life and it 6'3 can take you. Maybe if you had a 6th grade reunion you would find that your still better than everyone in your 6th grade class.

bec said...

that would be awesome. Who is in charge of those?