Monday, January 22, 2007

I don't believe in ironing

It just seems so unnecessary. It takes an extreme case for me to think ironing is required. My mom told me she didn't realize how strongly I believed in not ironing until I transported my wedding dress in the car from Provo to Seattle and still didn't see much of a need to iron. I think clean clothes are important though, to an extent. Sometimes clothes with artistic stains are just inevitable and that doesn't usually stop me from wearing favorite articles of clothing. Clean smelling, that is what really matters. (Unless you are going to an athletic activity in which case it's okay to put on clothes that smell from the last athletic activity because there are just going to smell again anyways. And then you shower right afterwards.... right afterwards.) Let's hear it for wrinkled clothes everyone! Maybe if we get rid of our ironing board we will have room in the closet for our Christmas tree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon hasnt taught you the "throw your shirt in the dryer with a wet towel" trick? ;)
I NEVER iron.

bec said...

although a much simpler tactic I would still have to say, unnecessary. I'm glad you are an anti-ironer as well.

O Wise Feather said...

I was smiling through your entire blog until you got to the part where you think it is ok to where gross smelling clothes to athletic activities becuase they are going to get smelly anyways. That is like saying why not just wear the same pair of underwear today that I did yesterday becuase I am just going to get them dirty!?!

bec said...

no, that is not the same.