Saturday, January 13, 2007

How to feel old when you're young

Recently I found out about my stake aerobics and yoga classes in the mornings, they are really fun and a great workout. Each day is a different teacher and I've experienced different areas of soreness on my body. After the workout yesterday I am having a hard time getting around, I have to move slowly and sit down careful, hold onto a chair when I pick things up off the floor, and my whole body aches. It's kind of ironic because these are the things that I hear you do when you get old. One of the reasons for exercising is that you are in better health so that you don't feel as miserable when you get old. But why wait for all those things when you can experience them now?

And that's how to feel old when you're young.

4 comments:

O Wise Feather said...

You might as well go all the way and start eating SEE's candy and watching Wheel of Fortune all the time.

O Wise Feather said...

Whenever I used to get sore muscles from working out I used to like that I was sore. The pain meant that I was working my body and making it healthy. But then I learned that when you are sore like that it's becuase you have used a muscle that isn't used to being worked so hard and you've torn small amounts of muscle and your body has to send out certian nutrients to repair the damage...after that I couldn't help but picture my muscles bloody and tattered no matter how unrealistic that is and so I like the feeling a lot less now.

bec said...

that's disgusting.

B-rad said...

Or to feel old, all you have to do is the following:

1. attend my BYU ward

2. Listen to their conversations about Highschool and the class of 06

3. Or bring up Mr. T. and wait for the inevitable awkward silence that follows because no one else grew up with the A-team.

Cya at bingo night! This week's prize is a jumbo bag of prunes!