
I have a disability. I do not have the capability of dealing with paper. I know I have never been the cleanest person to live with and I have realized the core of it is lack of knowing where to put paper. I create piles and piles on desks, the floor, under my bed. And then I clean up and they get put into boxes because I still don't know what to do with them.
Maybe I'll start drawing on every piece of paper I have, that way I can just bind all the paper I own and put it on my bookshelf as a sketch book. All paper will fall into the same category and I won't have to debate if I should throw it away or not.
When I need some old banking information, or notes from an important meeting, I'll know exactly where to look. Sort of. I have over a thousand pages of sketches so far. I think my life goal is 50,000 pages of sketches. Which means I need to stop throwing so many pages away. And I better stop getting carpal tunnel.
4 comments:
Get a large 3 ring binder and write the year on it. Then 3 hole punch all of your papers and put them in the binder for the year. (then you never have to see the papers again if you don't want to, but you don't have to part with them either.) You could even try to do some more organizing by putting dividers in for "Bills", "Certificates", "church", etc. I have tried to implement this as my desk is a disaster and I have papers everywhere, but I'm too busy to even make a dent on it right now.
P.s. My husband scans all of his papers at work, so he can have copies on his computer and throw everything away. No loose papers!
Wow, are all your sketches in the same book?
no, I have multiple sketchbook. I have a stack right now of 300 or more I need to take get bound. I'm sure I'll get to it ...eventually
You inherit this tendancy from your father, he's the same way.
Post a Comment