Monday, January 19, 2009

Ward babies

Most of the babies in our ward were born within a few months of each other last spring/summer. It's been fun to see them at church as they all learn to roll around, sit up and now start crawling in some way or another. Calvin is still pretty slow with his hands & knees/ belly flop/ army crawl method.
Sunday at church I was in the front row in RS (gotta get the spot with baby space) and Cal was sitting on the floor with a small slew of toys. Gradually other babies started migrating towards him and his toys (other kids toys are always better than your own). Pretty soon there were 4 babies at my feet and it was pretty funny to see them crawling on top of each other and pulling at clothes and toys. I had to watch Cal carefully though because he is vicious. His little hands were lunging at everyone's hair and face, and I know from several daily occurrences that it really hurts when he gets a tiny fist full of face/ arm/ hair, etc.
As crazy as RS gets with these half a dozen or more little crawlers I can't imagine what it will be like when they are 12+ months, they all start walking, and nursery is still half a year away. I'm guessing the hallways & mothers lounge will start being a little more crowded.

3 comments:

H.Cook said...

this is totally our ward... clara is getting to the age where i don't get to participate in a lot of meetings anymore. i've heard from 12 to 18 months (when they go to nursery) are the hardest.

Just Katy said...

That's awesome! Sounds like Calvin is ready to be the fifth man on Brandon's intermural team.

Natierae said...

Nursery here we come...its been along time hanging out in the halls