Sunday, January 04, 2009

New things for Cal

When Calvin clamped down on my finger the other day I felt something sharp that wasn't there before. After making sure he didn't have a staple or something in his mouth I decided it must be a tooth. (although, it was really hard to see because who likes someone pushing your lip and tongue out of the way to see your gums?) Today when Calvin fell asleep in Brandon's arms at church we had a chance to really spy on his mouth and saw 2 teeth! okay, little tops of teeth. I don't really look forward to the potential of being bit in the future, but new things are always exciting.He also has a mammoth new carseat because he'll be too big for his infant one really soon. You can tell how excited he is about it. We have actually started putting real shoes on Calvin too. They are size 4 and I think they make him look so grown up. I guess he is grown up compared to 6 months ago, right?

7 comments:

Dan said...

is he eating a stapler in that first picture?

Katie said...

Mandy only has 2 teeth, wears a size 3 shoe, and is still not big enough to be in a front facing car seat (and is of course 6 months older than Calvin). Maybe we could borrow some of your genes for the next kid.

bec said...

That's really funny Katie. Calvin is in a large car seat, but he'll still be backwards in it for at least another 6 months. His age needs to catch up to his weight.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

holy big boy! i so need to meet that kid! i still don't even put shoes on jayden's little feet. and he doesn't even have teeth yet! can you believe that?!

H.Cook said...

Becca he is so cute! I love big babies! :)

Michelle Malesis said...

I really really can't wait to see him. looking at your blog is just driving me crazy. He's too adorable. 2 more weeks!!!

The Ballou's said...

I swear I'm looking at pictures of Mini-Creepa. I'm not sure how I feel about that.