We were hesitant to give Calvin rice cereal right at 4 months because of what the doctor said about the "slight chance he can develop allergies", but he also said it might be worth a try when he heard what a horrible sleeper he is and how he is always hungry. (he was waking up every 2-3 hours - and that was on a good night) After not really sleeping at all on Saturday night we decided we should try out the rice cereal. The result: he slept for 5 hours straight the past 2 nights!! He is back to only waking up twice to eat. I used to be really anxious for him to sleep through the night, but for now I'm just grateful to be sleeping in chunks again. Hoorah for rice!
Monday, November 10, 2008
My New Favorite Food
We were hesitant to give Calvin rice cereal right at 4 months because of what the doctor said about the "slight chance he can develop allergies", but he also said it might be worth a try when he heard what a horrible sleeper he is and how he is always hungry. (he was waking up every 2-3 hours - and that was on a good night) After not really sleeping at all on Saturday night we decided we should try out the rice cereal. The result: he slept for 5 hours straight the past 2 nights!! He is back to only waking up twice to eat. I used to be really anxious for him to sleep through the night, but for now I'm just grateful to be sleeping in chunks again. Hoorah for rice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
All I can say is uh huh. Ditto. Our boys have been cast from the same mold!
I had the same issue. The doctor said don't, and then she started waking up hungry when she usually slept through the night. After the rice, she was great again. Just wait until he tries the flavorful stuff! Kennedy loves it.
Happy day!!!!!
it took jayden a while to get used to it but he is a pro now and isn't too messy. we tried giving him real baby food like peas and carrots, that was hilarious. i'll just say that dry-heaving was involved.
I'm so glad that worked for you!!! Its gotta feel good!!
brothers got to eat!
Post a Comment