
I love buying cheese that is already grated. It is so convenient. The only problem is I never know when it goes bad. You can't see mold on it like a block. Usually I end up smelling it and it smells bad so I throw it away. The only problem is all cheese smells bad so I am probably wasting a lot of good cheese.
4 comments:
Freeze it. USe a little at a time and freeze the rest. It takes just a short period of time to defrost and you won't throw so much away.
Yes, I think you do. Just like you automatically assume food is bad if the "best if buy" date has passed. Such a waste!
Becca, I feel your pain. Just tonight, we dug some old shredded cheese out from the fridge and stood there sifting through it looking a glimpse of mold... what a pain!
Am I the only one that goes by the experation date???
Post a Comment