Sunday, June 24, 2007

unexpected slot machines: two cases

So I was at the Post Office the other day trying to buy a packet of postcard stamps, which turned into quite a challenging task. The line inside was too long to even consider so I had to battle with the post office vending machine. After a series of frustrating events and many tries to get the machine to accept my change, I was forced to use a twenty dollar bill, and the second I hit the button for my stamps I could hear the clanging of 19 gold coins spilling out into the metal change dispenser. Although it was annoying to get the pile of gold dollars that I didn't know what to do with, it was kind of fun to hear the money fall. It was like I had just won at the slot machine.

Ironically, a couple days after the post office slot machine experience we went to Cedar City for a basketball tournament. It ended earlier than we expected, so we went to Vegas. I had never been before, so it was fun to see what Vegas is like. We had a lot of fun, and as we walked around I was surrounded by slot machines, which kept making me think about buying stamps at the post office.

4 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Lol. I remember the first time I bought stamps with a $10. I think I needed like 1 stamp or something. Yeah, this was back in the bike-all-over-Provo-because-I-don't-have-a-car period of my life. Gold coins in a jean pocket on a bike...not so much fun.

stace said...

yeah except real slot machines don't pour out real money anymore, just vouchers

Just Katy said...

Ah, the great conspiracy between Vegas casinos and the US post office! It's all so clear now.

O Wise Feather said...

Gambling is an addiction...seriously...