Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Pet Issue


Brandon really wants to have a dog someday. I say, absolutely not. I'm not really a pet fan in general, and I hesitate to say it because sometimes I think people are offended by this, but I think dogs are one of the most annoying pets there are. I think the only way I would ever allow a dog is if my kids were training it to be a seeing eye dog. And it stayed outside. And I didn't take care of it in any way. And we didn't buy it presents, Christmas or not. And someone bathed it at least every other day. Only in that situation would I consider, the slight possibility, that we might get a dog. And I'll take a dog over a TV.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

First of all, yes, I am offended. And second of all, I think having a dog would be good for you and teach you a lot more about me. Like for example, how you always complain about me smelling. Well, if we had a dog that smelled, my stench wouldn't even bother you and you wouldn't have to make me shower when I get home from work everyday. And even if you did, I could take the dog with me and wash it at the same time. Dogs are man's best friend for a reason. I think that if you can learn to love me, you can definitely learn to love a dog or multiple dogs. You are going to love my anniversary present for you this year!

Charlotta-love said...

...I like dogs. I think they would encourage me to walk/jog/run more often...

stace said...

for the first time ever, i think i agree with brandon...

Just Katy said...

Aaron says we can have a dog as long as we never let it in the house. Or see it. Or know that it exists. I asked him why would even have a dog if we treated it like that and he said those were his conditions. So I guess we are in the market for a invisible mute dog or a digipet. Remember those?

Beth schell said...

Dogs rule! And Reid has promised to take care of ours when we're allowed to have one. Hey, that's another reason to move to our apartment-- no pets allowed!