So Brandon and I were finishing registering at Target the other day and we overheard this couple talking to another couple that was registering also. They asked if they could give them some advice because they just got married recently. We half way eavesdropped, we figured we already knew what they would say because everyone we know who has gotten married has told us how horrible Target's return policy is. You can only return 2 items per person per year (they mark your drivers license or something bizarre like that) and they only give you in-store credit for that specific department, like only the home decor department or just kitchen appliances, etc. Really lame. People shop at Target though, and if they happen to buy you something on your registry that you need to return it's not the best (like stores that give you cash) but still way better. So it's easy to feel obligated to register there.
However, this couple had much better information. They explained what you have to do is change the wedding date on your registry so it's after your real one. That way you can just register for the presents you received after you're married and then you can return the ones you don't need. Ingenious! So if you ever plan on getting married and would prefer not to have 43 blenders and 12 toasters, (which I guess happens whether you register or not) plan your registry wedding date wisely. And tell everyone- except Target.
2 comments:
Wow! Married couples can be so devious. I will have to be careful when dealing with them in the future, plus I'll have to watch what I say.
that idea is ingenious! there's always a way to get around the system, says i. fantastic
Post a Comment