I can't believe I haven't written a blog about these pens yet. Anyone who knows me even fairly well knows I am obsessed with these pens. They can be bought in Canada, England, Japan, Singapore (at a great price too), but not in the States. It's a tragedy. Most illustrators I know also like these pens and love to draw with them. There really isn't any pen that is a suitable replacement. They either don't write smooth enough or aren't thin enough. I even emailed the company hoping to figure something out but there are some kind of patent laws that don't allow them to sell them here. So if anyone is going to any of those mentioned countries anytime soon, please buy these pens and my friends and I will buy them from you. It could be a great side business. Sometimes I see them on ebay for $5.00 a pen, plus shipping. It 's hard to justify when I can use them up so fast. (or lose them) Maybe I will just become an engineer and create my own. Or regularly vacation in Singapore. I think I better keep brainstorming for other options.
2 comments:
Was that the pen you were doodling with next to me on Sunday? Cause I have to admit, I definitely noticed how nicely it seemed to write. I thought to myself, "Now that is one sweet pen." (Sorry I was peeking at your drawings!)
I think it is worth the money. I love expensive pens and i lose them all the time but i don't care. Writing/drawing tools are always worth it. I want to try out this pen when i get back! And the scooter, too.
Post a Comment