I only share this because 1. it was hilarious and 2. I hope all of you will share your most embarrassing moments at some point as well. So there I was just cruisin into the parking lot by the wilk on my scooter when my phone starts ringing. I decided I would stop at the scooter parking lot entrance to answer it. I flipped open my phone and told Rick to hold on for a minute while I took my helmet off. I realized that was too challenging with only one hand so I just shoved the phone against my ear with the helmet on.
As I was talking I decided I could slowly drive my scooter towards a parking spot with my left hand (even though the gas is on the right side of the handle bars) while still holding onto my phone with my right hand. But then I started going a little too fast while heading straight at someone's nice huge motorcycle probably owned by someone that could kill me. So instead of having an accident with a parked motorcycle (brakes weren't an option either, that was too tricky to reach with my left hand) I turned to the left, but of course all of this was incredibly awkward and I was still trying to talk on the phone and balance the masonite board and watercolor paper I had by my feet. So I fell over. Not gracefully either. I was laughing and feeling stupid and then felt even stupider when I realized people had seen me because everyone was frantically asking me, are you alright? are you alright? Humiliating. So the moral of this story is: don't talk on the phone while trying to drive a scooter with your left hand.
As I was talking I decided I could slowly drive my scooter towards a parking spot with my left hand (even though the gas is on the right side of the handle bars) while still holding onto my phone with my right hand. But then I started going a little too fast while heading straight at someone's nice huge motorcycle probably owned by someone that could kill me. So instead of having an accident with a parked motorcycle (brakes weren't an option either, that was too tricky to reach with my left hand) I turned to the left, but of course all of this was incredibly awkward and I was still trying to talk on the phone and balance the masonite board and watercolor paper I had by my feet. So I fell over. Not gracefully either. I was laughing and feeling stupid and then felt even stupider when I realized people had seen me because everyone was frantically asking me, are you alright? are you alright? Humiliating. So the moral of this story is: don't talk on the phone while trying to drive a scooter with your left hand.
6 comments:
I have two comments:
1) Dare we forget my first scooter experience which almost ended up with me flipping into the road.
2) On Mythbusters last night, they proved that talking on your cell phone while driving was more dangerous than driving drunk.
I once accidentally turned a fire hose on full-blast at work. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had remembered to take the nozzle off, but alas I had not. Thus the huge stream of water was highly concentrated, creating a ridiculously powerful jet-stream. Even better, the force of the water made the hose take on a life of its own and whip wildly around the pool, spraying parents, teachers, and my boss. I have to say that the crowning moments were twofold: 1) when the hose sprayed one man dead-on in the crotch, and 2) The appluse that erupted when I finally turned the hose off. Wow that was a long embarassing moment.
Was that on my scooter Ronnie?
embarrasing or not... ARE YOU OK? I hope there was no breakage of limbs or scrapage of the skin.
-concerned italian
No, it was on Becca's scooter. Sorry for the scare. On your scooter, Rich, I just jumped off some sweet ramps through flaming rings.
HA! Thanks for sharing Becca! That is AWESOME...well, now...maybe not then;0)
Post a Comment