Monday, March 20, 2006

cooking 101

I will admit that cooking isn't one of my greatest talents. I'm not horrible, I think I can make quite a bit of decent food. Occasionally though, I just don't pay attention to what I'm doing or my non-measuring tactic doesn't work out. Sometimes I accidentally grab the poppyseed container instead of the pepper to throw onto some fried eggs. That's not really a big deal though, they're pretty similar. This morning, however, as I was attempting to make some rice pudding I went to a shelf of baking ingredients, grabbed the vanilla and threw some in. Suddenly something smelled really bad. No, it wasn't vanilla. It was apple spiced vinegar. ehlk. Not exactly the flavor I was going for.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh how I can relate! One time my friends and I made cookies and we put in powdered milk instead of flour...! Don´t worry, we still gave them away. hahaha.

Ronnie said...

I bet you're one of those people who goes to the grocery store and pulls things off the shelf without seeing what it is.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's pretty amazing, though I once boiled brownies because I forgot to add the eggs, so I guess I can still respect you despite this incident...

Aaron