Monday, October 17, 2011

Farming neighbors

 I'm working on a painting with animals in it and decided I wanted to take my own scrap. (in case scrap isn't a common term I'm going to clarify that it just means a photo or something to reference, having a chicken run around my kitchen while I draw would be awesome, but photos seem to be more convenient - and less expensive - than live models)
Since I've been biking by beautiful farms near my neighborhood a lot during the summer I kind of feel like they are almost my friends and I decided they wouldn't mind letting me take pictures of their animals.
 It turns out I was right. I went to a couple houses and got to take pictures of alpaca, sheep, chickens, turkeys and I guess the owner didn't want the dogs to feel left out, so I took pictures of them too:
 Can you tell the sheep are a little scared of me?

1 comment:

Just Katy said...

Haha. Nice of you to be so considerate of the dog.