Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Good mistake, or Gestational Diabetes

The other day I went to the doctor to have my glucose checked. (they see how your blood sugar is doing to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes, which is fairly common when you're pregnant) I didn't have it with Calvin so I wasn't too concerned that it would be different this time. I was pretty bummed when the nurse gave me the numbers and how high my blood sugar level was. She told all the steps I would have to do to take another more elaborate test and I wasn't looking forward to that.
After complaining to my sister for awhile about it and realizing I probably shouldn't eat piles of candy at the movies that night like I planned to, I got a phone call from the doctor's office saying they switched my test results with someone else and my blood sugar was actually healthy. I was so excited! What a relief! It seemed like something that would happen on TV.
I felt like I did when the bank deposited a check for me into my bank account that had someone else's name on it. I was happy for the mistake but wondered if I should trust my doctor's office (and bank) after that. oh well. People are human. Let's just hope they are better at delivering babies?

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I think you should change the title of this blog if you are going to show a picture of our son right below it.

Kim said...

:) I have to agree with Brandon. Also, I feel bad for that other girl who thought she was off the gestational diabetes hook, but really wasn't. Yay for you though!

bec said...

good point. I just thought I'd show a pregnancy photo and that's what I found.