Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Simple Gardening

My strategy for gardening this year involving buying a few packets of seeds at the store and throwing them in a dirt patch one day. The soil didn't look very promising, I didn't bother with weeding and I followed the instructions on the packets only if they were simple enough. The sprinklers were in charge of watering. I figure next year I can put some time into more preparation, research & maintenance.
My strategy hasn't gone too bad. There are no peas in sight whatsoever, and carrots have only grown in one small area, but the pumpkins are flourishing like crazy. There is one already big enough to carve, but really green. I'm guessing by the end of October it will be huge and orange. I can't wait. The weeds are also huge and have done really well.

2 comments:

Michelle Malesis said...

Our carrots arnt very big yet but Makenna loves eating them right out of the garden so watch out Makenna may steal some while we're there!!

Kim said...

Yay! You should try tomatoes next year. They require zero maintenance and will get even bigger than your weeds :)