Thursday, August 05, 2010

Expired

We post poned registering our car for awhile because we didn't want to spend a bunch of money to get it pass. Four months go by and we are finally taking care of it. Of course, the day I have an appointment to take care of the last item I got pulled over. So I handed the police officer my driver's license which he informed me expired 3 days prior. oops. Then I had him my insurance cards, which were also expired. (the new cards sitting in the kitchen hadn't made it all the way to the cars yet) I felt a little silly having expired tabs, license and insurance cards. However, he was pretty nice about it considering he could have impounded my car and let me go with a $30 ticket for the expired registration.
Fast forward 5 days later and I am pulled over AGAIN. Our city is a little too efficient. And we live just a few blocks from the police station, that's not a good idea. This time I was in our other car, which had a broken headlight. He was impressed that I had my insurance card right on top, ready to go. He joked that I must have been pulled over recently. yep. Luckily that citation won't cost me anything (besides the repair) and I can take care of both the same day when I go into court to turn in the paperwork. How convenient.

No comments: