Here is a conversation in the car with Calvin:
Calvin "What are we going to call Shelby when she gets bigger?"
Me "Won't we just call her Shelby?"
Calvin: "No, that's a baby name. She won't like it, she needs a different one when she gets big"
Me: "oh, ok. What should we call her?"
We went through lots of ideas, some from him, some from me... at first all the ones I suggested were normal names like Suzy or Mary and he approved all of them. Then I suggested random ones like "Zipper"
Calvin "hmmm. How about if you call me Zipper? Zipper, and sometimes Calvin too. Or Rocky." (no idea where he came up with that)
I agreed and he finally settled on Apple-Ralphy for Shelby's future name. This was a couple weeks ago and I called him Zipper a few times that day but, go figure, I forgot about it. Yesterday he told me, "Mom, sometimes you can call me Zipper. And Rocky. And Calvin" I guess he realized I forgot. If you see him, maybe throw a "Hey Zipper" out there, because I think he'll like it.
2 comments:
oh my....apple ralphy...that is too funny!!! What a funny little guy you have! :)
I keep forgetting how much fun it is to read your blog, Becca, and how much I am missing of such delightful moments. I loved this one. Apple Ralphy is really creative. I'll be sure to try out some of Calvin's aliases.
Post a Comment