I've been thinking about doing a triathlon ever since last summer and I am finally starting to plan for it. (not really run or anything, I just put it on the calender) I'm only doing the sprint distance so it's not too crazy. I've done swimming and running races, but never biking so that's where I'm the most concerned. Even if I go slow, I'll at least finish.
So the question is: WHO'S WITH ME?! It's 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3 mile run. It will be so much more fun if friends race too. It's about an hour south of here. Saturday, September 10th, so we have all summer to train. It's one of the cheapest triathlons I have found ($55) And if you don't want to do the whole thing, they have relays teams! ($95 for the whole team) Repeat after me, "this is a great idea!" Now click here to sign up!
(and if you have any triathlon tips, I would love to hear them!)
8 comments:
I think that no sugar thing is doing something weird to your brain :)
Wish we lived closer!
I've always wanted to try one too. I'd love to do it with you.
I'm tempted to join you
Wish I lived closer, I would totally be in.
This post is not to say "I'll be in" because I won't even think kid myself or you that I will try. I'm suggesting you talk to Rod about training. And have fun! I really wish I could do that. My body says NO WAY! especially my knees.
REBECCA! That's great. Good luck. I would join you but I'm an awful swimmer.
p.s. I'm glad I found your blog again. :)
I realized yesterday that my friend is getting married that day...or night..I'm not sure when the wedding is. I'm trying to figure out how or if I can do both...I really, really want to do it though!
I have some tips:
1. Bring an empty gallon jug. Fill it up with water before the race and put it at your station. When you get done swimming (this is only if you are in a lake or ocean...if it is a pool, ignore this one), take the gallon of water and dump it all over you BEFORE YOU PUT ON YOUR SHOES. This will clean off the salt water and allow your skin to breath during the rest of the race.
2. Bring a small bowl or bin that you can dump your feet in. After you get back from swimming, and after you have dumped the gallon jug over your head, put one foot in the water, get the sand off, dry it, put on your sock and shoe. Then dip the other foot, dry it, and put on your sock/shoe. The worst thing is running with sand on your feet.
3. Put your bike in a low gear at the station.
4. Put your socks, shoes, water, towel, etc out in the order you will need it. You will need the water first, then the bucket, towel, then sock/shoe #1, then sock/shoe #2.
5. Have an extra t-shirt that you put on at the end. Already have your number pinned to it. That way, at the end of biking, all you have to do is put on an extra tank top that has your number on it. You don't waste time trying to pin it to yourself while you are running (which is what I usually end up doing.)
6. Have fun. I've done 2 sprint triathlons and they were the coolest things I've ever done. So, yeah. Have fun!
Post a Comment