Friday, April 25, 2008

Mirror & Feet

I've been telling Brandon for a long time that we need a full length mirror. It's one of those things you don't fully appreciate until you don't have one. I could never tell how well my shoes went with my outfit because all the mirrors in our apartment only let me see to my waist, unless I stand on the coffee table or something, which isn't the safest idea.
The other day I tried to buy a mirror at Lowe's because they were cheap, but after pulling a few off the shelf I realized all of them were curved so that I looked a little squashed & a lot rounder than I am. Not just a little pregnancy round, but I'm in a fun house kind of round. I didn't think that would be good for my self esteem to look at frequently, even if it let me see my whole outfit, shoes included.
Lucky for me, yesterday Brandon brought home a new mirror. I was really glad to have it, and even more so now that I realize it is slightly bent the other way because I've never looked so tall & awesome in a mirror before. It's great. I don't care if it isn't accurate. I think everyone should have a mirror that makes them look a little bit better than they really are, because let's face it, everyone is too hard on themselves for the way they look anyways.

6 comments:

Mars said...

Not guys. We're all ugly but we think we look great.

Stepha said...

That's awesome! Where can I get me one of them mirrors? PS have fun tonight at the ballet!

Natierae said...

Sign me up too- I want a mirror like that!!!

Anonymous said...

Miller has been known to crack full-length mirrors in wrestling matches so I have two suggestions: 1) If you and Miller are going to wrestle don't do it by the mirror and 2) don't wrestle because women who are 31 weeks along should not be wrestling.

- Taylor

Just Katy said...

We don't have a full length mirror either. I feel like it enables me to keep up my belief that I always look amazing, even when I look like crap.

Charlotta-love said...

Do you remember that mirror we had in the apt? We leaned it up against the wall and it bowed a little in the middle making anyone look absolutely fantastic. Man I loved that mirror!