Monday, October 22, 2007

Heaters

Now that the cold has set in and we are drinking large amounts of hot chocolate, we are also using our heater way more than I would like to. It's not even close to the middle of winter and it already seems like our heater is running most of the day. The reason for this is that our door and windows are so drafty- really old with big gaps, it's like we're heating a tent. It's not very effective.
If we didn't live in a tent and ran our heater this much I'm guessing our apartment would feel like the apartment of some friends I had on my mission. They were from Africa and didn't really like the cold. In the middle of a Toronto winter they would cruise around their apartment in flip flops and shorts because they cranked their heater on so high. We would come in with our boots, hats, gloves, scarves, 3 pairs of socks, thermals, fleece skirts, another hat, sweaters and coats, and just start shedding layers as fast as humanly possible so we wouldn't get heat stroke upon arrival.

(p.s. the picture is me & my companion posing with Wiarton Willie- Canada's version of Punksatony Phil.)

3 comments:

michellep said...

Oh yes, Cold Canada. I've heard many tales of Miles conquering the cold.

Just Katy said...

Hmm, I see a remarkable resemblance between you and the groundhog.

stace said...

i can't imagine trudging around in that much snow in church clothes everyday...i'm pretty sure i would have been rebellious